The portrait of Walburga Black was hung around 1985, when Walburga died. It was handled with absolute care even when nobody lived in the house, except for Kreacher. It had the ability to scream, and annoyed most member of the Order of the Phoenix.
It is unknown exactly when the portrait was painted, but it was most likely in the last years of her life, because it was described that she wore a black cap that may have been worn after her husband's death.
Order of the PhoenixEdit
During the time that the Order of the Phoenix used 12 Grimmauld Place as base, the portrait was mostly an annoyance machine because everyone would have to be quiet in the halls so they don't awake the portrait.
Hunt for HorcruxesEdit
When Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley, and Hermione Granger went to 12 Grimmauld Place, the portrait of Mrs. Black began to scream her usual "Mudblood" and "filth" insults. Also, when the Trio walked down the stairs they woke the portrait of Sirius's mother as they passed through the hall, who screamed "Filth! Mudbloods! Scum!"
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (book) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Brief appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7